I have already shared in my Drumstick Leaves Curry post about the health benefits of these leaves. This highly nutritious leaves can be used to make side dish for rice. This thoran and moru curry (seasoned buttermilk) is a great combination with rice. Other than separating the leaves from its stalks, this dish is very easy to prepare, because the leaves will take only less time to cook. The same can be combined with scrambled eggs to make a different tasty dish.
- Drumsticks leaves – 2.5 cups
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 flakes
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole red Chilly – 2
- Rice – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Clean drumstick leaves and separate it from stalks.Wash it well, drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and rice . When it splutters, add whole red chilly and drumstick leaves.
- Crush coconut, cumin seeds,garlic,turmeric powder and chilly powder together.
- When the leaves becomes soft add the ground coconut mixture and salt. Mix it well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.