Here is another quick and simple porridge for breakfast. Oats is cooked with vegetables and spices, gives you the healthy and masala flavoured oats porridge. So next time when you are thinking of what to make easily for breakfast or dinner this would be the perfect option for you. So we can directly go to the recipe.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Vegetables – 1/2 cup (green peas,carrot,beans)
- Onion – 1
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute well. When onion turns translucent, add chopped vegetables.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder,pepper powder, garam masala powder and salt. Saute well on a low flame. Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Add oats and combine well. Add 1.5 cups of water and stir well. When the masala oats gets a porridge consistency, switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.