Aloo Methi is a delicious side dish made with potato and fenugreek leaves. This is a dry dish that goes well with roti and rice. I have already shared the health benefits of fenugreek leaves in one of my previous posts. It is rich in iron, so very effective for anaemic. To separate the leaves from the bunch is a time consuming process. So it is better to do at a time and keep the leaves covered in refrigerator.So that you can make the dish as and when you needed.
- Potatoes – 2
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilli – 1
- Peel off the skin and chop the potatoes. Rinse fenugreek leaves, chop it finely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when it splutters add finely chopped garlic and green chilly, saute them until it starts to golden brown.
- Add diced potatoes and saute for some time. Cover and cook the potatoes.
- Add fenugreek leaves, saute till it shrinks and raw smell leaves. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water just for the masala to coat and cook covered for some time in low flame until it becomes dry.Give a quick saute and switch off.