A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round contain eggs, milk and butter and cooked on a hot griddle or frying pan.They may be served with a variety of toppings including jam, fruit, syrup, chocolate chips. In International cuisine baking powder is used to get fluffy pancakes.This is an egg less version and kids favourite. The original recipe calls for all purpose flour, but for a healthier option you can try it with wheat flour. Here I have taken both flours in equal proportion.It is a quick and simple recipe.
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – a large pinch
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 1.5 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, ensure that there aren’t large lumps of flour. Leave aside the batter for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan(The golden even texture of pancakes depends on the heat of pan), reduce flame to low and pour a large ladle full of batter. Do not spread the batter.
- Cook the pancake on low medium flame and you will see that bubbles appear over the pancake. When the pancake turns a nice golden shade flip it over and cook the other side.
- Serve hot topped with butter and honey.