Flattened rice is also known as aval, poha in different languages.This easily digestible form of raw rice is very popular and is normally used to prepare snacks or light and easy fast food in a variety of Indian cuisine styles. When added with water,milk or any liquid it will absorb the liquid.Here I have prepared a healthy snack which is sweet and very easy to make.
- Aval/Flattened rice – 1.5 cups
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery, grated – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix together aval and jaggery until it is blended well.
- Add in the coconut,cardamom powder and mix.
- Add milk little by little and mix well with your hands until the rice flakes are moist.(If you want to make it more soft, use warm milk)
- Serve with banana.