Raw papaya holds a number of amazing health benefits. Packed with vitamins, enzymes and phytonutrients. Raw papaya is also a rich source of magnesium, potassium and vitamins.Raw papaya contains a lot more active enzymes than the ripe fruit. It helps you to lose weight, improves digestion,prevents vitamin deficiency and helps beat diabetes.This thoran I have prepared with papaya and mung beans.It is more tasty , delicious and a good side dish for rice.
- Raw papaya – 1, small
- Mung bean,cooked – 1/2 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chilly – 2
- Garlic – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Shallots – 5
- Dry Red Chilly – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Grind coconut, green chillies, garlic and turmeric powder to a coarse paste.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add the sliced shallots,red chilly and fry until they soften. The coarse paste follows this.
- Add the chopped papaya and salt, cover and allow the papaya to cook. Stir in between.
- Add in the cooked mung beans, stir the mixture, cover and cook until all the moisture content evaporates.
- Finally add curry leaves and switch off.