Fenugreek is used as a herb, spice and vegetable. Fresh fenugreek leaves are an ingredient in some Indian curries.This leaf is highly beneficial for treating poor liver functions.It is also helpful in treating gastric problems and other intestinal issues. It is also used for curing dysentery and diarrhea.Here we are using it with the parathas. So definitely we can say it is a healthy and delicious food.Since it is bit time consuming better you can try it on weekends. You can serve it with yogurt and pickle.
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Red Chilly powder -1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt into the chopped leaves.
- Grind roasted cumin seeds into a coarse powder and add it into the leaves.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Add flour little by little and start kneading the dough. Add little water to make a smooth dough.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead the dough. Cover it for 30 minutes.
- Take a ball out of the dough, dip into the flour and roll. Transfer it into the hot tava / griddle and cook both sides. Apply some ghee for roasting.