Ivy Gourd / Tindora is a store house of a range of vitamins and minerals. Apart from that it also offers a decent amount of protein and fibers. This green vegetable offers many health benefits .It protects the nervous system,maintains a healthy metabolism,helps in normalizing blood sugar levels.It is really good to to eat the tender fresh fruits.You can easily grow this in your kitchen garden.My mom used to plant it at my home and it spreads all over our mulberry plant.
- Ivy gourd – 250 gram
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilly – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat oil in pan, add onion, curry leaf and green chilly.
- Add chopped ivy gourd, turmeric and salt.
- Saute in between and cook in low flame till it gets fried well.
I will share one more recipe of ivy gourd as a side dish. it is easy to prepare and very tasty too.
- Clean and cut the ivy gourd into length-wise pieces.
- Marinate it with salt, pepper powder and turmeric powder for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry it in oil.