Avil milk is a very healthy and delicious drink. It is considered as a Kerala Malabar dish with authentic flavors. It is a Ramadan/Iftar special also.The main ingredients are banana, milk, roasted rice flakes and peanuts.These ingredients itself makes the drink very rich and tasty, truly healthier. It will satisfy both your hunger and taste. This can be used as a breakfast smoothie or a healthy dessert.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rice flakes /Avil – 1/2 cup
- Small banana – 2 (you can use Chiquita banana or ‘njalipoovan’)
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Peanuts – 2 tablespoon
- Slice the banana and mash it with a spoon in a tall glass. Add sugar and stir well to combine.
- Add cold milk and mix well. Then add roasted rice flakes and peanuts. You can layer with milk and rice flakes.Mix well.
- You can garnish with nuts,fruits and ice cream to make it even richer.