Okra / Ladies Finger is valued for its edible green seed pods. It is one of the popular nutritious vegetables. The okra pods are excellent source of vitamins and minerals. This can be stir fried or can make gravy type curries.Here some masala is coated and stuffed inside as well and cooked in low heat. It is a popular dish in North India. It is also called ‘bharwan bhindi’. This is used as a side dish for rotis and chapathis.
- Ladies finger – 250 gram
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida / Hing – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Amchur/dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Wash ladies finger and wipe it dry with a clean kitchen towel. Cut off the tip and the crown. Make a long slit and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chilly , coriander , turmeric powders, ginger garlic paste, chopped coriander leaves, amchur powder and salt. Mix well and stuff the lady’s finger with this masala.
- Heat oil is a pan, add cumin seeds and asafoetida. When it splutters, add the stuffed ladies finger.
- Keep the flame low and cook covered. Mix it now and then, so that the lady’s finger will get cooked evenly. Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.