The meat of an adult sheep or goat meat often referred as mutton. Goat meat is a healthy alternative to beef and chicken because of its lower calorie, fat and cholesterol totals. Goat meat has higher levels of iron and potassium content.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon (freshly ground )
- Curry leaves – 2 strands
- Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped finely)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (chopped finely)
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaf – 1, crushed
- Cinnamon stick – 1, crushed
- Fennel seeds – 3/4 teaspoon
- Star anise – 2
- Wash the mutton with salt and keep aside. In a wide vessel, add 1 teaspoon oil and add the onions. When they are translucent, add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Saute the onion and tomato nicely and grind the onion tomato to a coarse paste adding 1/2 cup of water and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 tablespoon oil and add the mutton pieces. Saute the mutton for a while. The mutton leaves out some water and at that time, add in the onion tomato paste.
- Pressure cook the mutton with 1.5 cups of water and salt.When the pressure cools down, add in the chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Allow them to boil, till oil oozes out. Switch off the stove.
- In a wide vessel, add 2 teaspoon of oil and add the tempering items one by one. Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic. Fry them for a min. Add the curry leaves and fry it. Transfer the mutton gravy to this.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow them to boil. Add the freshly ground black pepper. Add the coriander leaves and when the oil oozes out again, switch off the stove.