There are different types and methods for wine making. Among them the popular and most commonly used one is grape wine. Cake and wine is one of the most wanted things during x’mas. Black grapes are used here, depends on the colour of grapes the wine colour also changes.
- Grapes – 1 kg
- Sugar – 750 gram
- Yeast – 1 teaspoon
- Water (boiled and cooled) – 1.5 litres
- Wheat kernels – 1 tablespoon
- Wash the grapes and wipe it well. Take a clean glass jar of 3 litre size. Put the grapes into the jar and crush it well, using your hands.
- Add all the other ingredients to the crushed grapes. Cover the jar tightly with the lid. Store it, in a dark place .
- After one week, start stirring it with wooden spoon everyday at same time for 21 days. Drain the clear wine and leave behind the sediment in the bottom.
- Bottle it in colored glass bottles, this will help to retain the color of the wine.
Note: To get a golden brown colour you can caramelize sugar and add to the grapes after two weeks.