A side dish with mushrooms perfect for chapathi and rice. It is slightly spicy but tasty too. Pepper is the taste enhancer here and I have used button mushrooms for the preparation.
- Mushroom – 250 gram
- Onion – 2
- Garlic – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Pepper,crushed – 1 tablespoon
- Chilly powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Clean mushroom and cut into pieces. Marinate with chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and rice flour. Keep this aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the marinated mushrooms. Keep this aside. To the remaining oil, add onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves.
- When onion turns brown in colour, add fried mushrooms and crushed pepper. Mix well and switch off the stove.