Different types of Puttu can be prepared depends on the stuffing or flour used for it. It can be veg as well as non veg. I have shared some different stuffing before. This is prepared with ripe plantain. Here I’m making chirattaputtu and it can be attached in a pressure cooker. If you have regular puttu maker, you can use it instead of pressure cooker.
- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Ripe plantain – 1, chopped
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, mix rice flour and salt, then add water little by little and make it wet and mix well with hand without any lumps.
- Chop the banana into small pieces and sprinkle some sugar on it.
- Boil water in a cooker with lid & without weight. In the mold/puttu maker,add a tbsp of grated coconut followed by plantain slices and then top with the moistened rice flour. Again top it with a second layer of plantain slices and grated coconut,cover with lid.
- Place on cooker and steam cook until the steam comes out of the tiny holes on top of the lid for 5 minutes.Remove from cooker and invert on a plate and serve.