Payyoli is a place in north Malabar coast of Kerala. The preparation of chicken fry is bit different and the dish is very popular too. The addition of coconut you won’t be finding in any fried recipes. This is a very tasty dish you must try it out.
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Ginger Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilly – 8
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 4
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, lemon juice and half of ginger paste and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Boil kashmiri chilly with enough water for 5 minutes and grind well to make a thick paste.
- Marinate chicken again with remaining ginger paste, 3/4 part of kashmiri chilly paste and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan in high flame.When it gets hot, reduce the flame, add chicken pieces.Cover the pan with a lid and fry both side of the pieces till golden color.Take pieces from oil.
- Mix the remaining chilly paste in grated coconut and fry in the same oil.Fry green chilly and curry leaves in same oil.Garnish chicken pieces with grated coconut,green chilly and curry leaves.