Pulissery is a curd based side dish for rice and it is a popular dish in Kerala. It can be prepared with pine apple, mango, ash gourd,papaya etc. Here i have used tomatoes, so it is called tomato pulissery.
- Tomato – 2
- Coconut, grated – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 2
- Shallots – 2
- Cumin seeds – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Beaten Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Grind coconut along with cumin seeds, green chilies, shallots, salt with enough water to make a fine paste.
- Boil tomatoes with little water, salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder. When the tomatoes get cooked, add the coconut paste, mix and boil until it gets little thick.
- Add the beaten yogurt to this and stir well in low flame. Do not let the yogurt to boil. Stir well and switch off the flame.
- Season the mustard seeds with dried red chilies and curry leaves. Pour the seasoning over the curry.