Anchovy is a small, common salt-water fish. Anchovies are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals that help in maintaining good health.Omega-3 fatty acid, found in large quantities in anchovies, actually strips away unhealthy cholesterol. You can also make Meen Peera with this fish.
- Netholi/Anchovy – 250 gram
- Chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
- Clean fish with salt and wash several times.
- In a bowl add chili, turmeric, lime juice,salt with little water to make a fine paste. Marinate the fish in the paste for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and deep fry the fishes in a medium flame. You can also add curry leaves along with fish in the oil for frying.