Ada Pradhaman is a traditional payasam and an inevitable part of Kerala Sadya. It is considered as the top among other desserts / payasam. Rice flakes are cooked in jaggery and coconut milk.
- Ada/Rice flakes – 100 gram
- Jaggery – 250 gram
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Medium thick coconut milk – 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
- coconut slices – 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nut/raisin – a handful
- Cardamom – 2, crushed
- Dry Ginger – small piece, crushed
- Cook rice flakes in 2 cups of water, till it becomes soft. Strain and wash it in cold water to remove the stickiness.
- Add 3 tablespoon of water to the jaggery and boil it. Strain the melted jaggery.
- In a deep bottom pan, combine melted jaggery, cooked rice flakes and 2 teaspoon of ghee. Cook on medium heat till the mixture becomes thick. Add medium thick coconut milk.
- Cook on medium heat and stir in between. When the coconut milk reduce to half the quantity, add thick coconut milk and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes. Add crushed cardamoms and dry ginger powder just before removing from the stove.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan,fry the coconut slices,cashew nuts, raisins and add it to the payasam.