It is a popular sweet cookie and a favourite teatime snack for kids and elders. This shortbread biscuits are very delicious and will melt in mouth. /it is made up of maida, ghee and sugar.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup, powdered
- Cardamom – 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
- Ghee – 1/2 cup, melted
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Powder the sugar along with one cardamom and keep aside. Sift together maida and baking soda, keep aside.
- Mix together the melted ghee and powdered sugar to a smooth paste.Add the flour 1 tablespoon at a time and mix together to form a dough.Knead the dough with your fingertips until it starts to come together.
- Rest the dough for about 1/2 an hour and then pinch off balls of same size and then roll them smooth and place on a cookie tray. Bake for 20 minutes.