Potato bhaji is the popular combination for puris. This potato masala will be a semi gravy type that goes well with puris. This masala can also be used for chapathi, appam and also as a stuffing for the sandwiches.
- Potatoes – 2-3
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 2, slitted
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook potatoes until soft. After it cools, peel the skin and mash it up well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal. When dal turns golden brown, add thinly sliced onion, slitted green chillies and curry leaves.
- When onion turns pink, add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and saute till tomato gets cooked well.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add 1 cup of water and salt needed. Let the water boil. Then add mashed potatoes to the boiling water.
- After adding the potatoes, keep it in medium flame and cook for another 5 minutes. Switch off the stove and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.