Marble cake is a mixture of vanilla and chocolate flavours. Marbling of two different batters makes it yummy and drooling!! Let’s check how to make this super moist cake.
- All Purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Butter – 100 gram, softened
- Powdered sugar – 1+1/4 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup (lukewarm)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
- Sift together maida and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs into this and whisk well. Add the vanilla essence and milk and whisk together.
- Add the flour and whisk well till all ingredients are combined well and you get a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a cake tray. Pour half of the cake mix in the tin. Add the cocoa powder to the other half in the bowl and combine well.
Pour this cocoa mix on top of the vanilla layer in the cake tin . Using a knife or toothpick, swirl the batter to create a marbling effect.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Check if cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the middle. Let the cake cool completely.