This is a simple stir fry recipe with green peas. Fresh peas are used for this. Usually we will make curry, masala type of curries with peas, so this could be a new recipe for some of you.
- Fresh Green Peas – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chilly – 2
- Chilly Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Dry Red Chilly – 2
- Shallots/small onion – 4
Remove peas from its shell and clean them properly. Add these peas in boiling water along with salt.Cook till done and strain the water.
Grind coconut, green chilly, 2 shallots, 1/2 sprig of curry leaves, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt along with little water.
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter dry red chilly and curry leaves. Now add 2 sliced small onion and saute. Then add the coconut mix to this and saute for 5 minutes in low flame .
- Finally add cooked green peas to this and mix well with the coconut.Adjust the salt and stir for another five minutes in low flame.