Pearl Spot is a fresh water fish and very tasty also. It is declared as the official fish of Kerala. The taste of Karimeen dishes from some local toddy shops and also from houseboats is incomparable. ‘Karimeen Pollichathu‘ also an equally demanded dish of this fish.
- Karimeen /Pearl Spot – 2
- Chilly powder – 1.5 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 2.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1.5 tablespoon
- Curry leaves
- Clean the fish and make 3-4 gashes on each side of the fish.
Mix red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice,salt with little water to a thick paste.
- Marinate the fish with this paste and refrigerate it for about 1/2 an hour.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and layer curry leaves in the oil and then place the marinated fish on top of it and shallow fry both sides in a medium-low flame until golden brown.