This is a quick recipe of a vegetarian side dish for serving with hot boiled rice. When you don’t have time or when there is no enough vegetables in your store, you can try out this. It is an easy recipe which you can prepare within short time. These recipes usually inherited from our older generations.
- Shallots – 1 cup
- Tamarind – Lemon size (Soak it in 1/4 cup warm water and extract its juice.)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder – 2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek powder- 2 pinches
- Heat oil in a pan and saute sliced shallots adding little salt. Saute until onions turn light brown.
- Bring down the heat and add turmeric, chilly and fenugreek powder. Saute until the raw smell is gone.
- Add tamarind juice and bring to a boil. If the gravy is very thick, add little water. Check for salt. Switch off when it reaches a medium-thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry curry leaves. Pour over the curry.
Note: If you want you can add a small piece of jaggery before turn off the fire.