Green salad/garden salad is most often composed of leafy vegetables. Due to their low caloric density, green salads are considered as a common diet food. Salad dressing consist of oil, an acid and seasonings. The ratio of oil to acid is often 3:1.
- Cucumber – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Iceberg lettuce – 1/2 of one head
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoon
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Wash and shred the lettuce leaves. Slice carrot and cucumber. Add all these intoa bowl.
- Add dressing; pour olive oil and lemon juice, then add salt and pepper. Mix everything together and serve.
Note : you can add a bit of mayonnaise also in the dressing