Semiya upma I have shared here before and it is common breakfast recipe. This is the sweet version of upma without vegetables. Since it is sweet, this can be given for kids tiffin. Very easy to prepare with less ingredients.
- Vermicelli/Semiya – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Curry leaf – 1 sprig
- Split black gram/ Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion -1
- Red chilly -1
- Sugar – 1.5 teaspoon
- Ghee- 3 teaspoon
- Boil water, add sugar and a pinch of salt into it. Add 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan and roast the semiya till light brown.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutter,add urad dal.
- Add curry leaf, red chilly and chopped onion. Fry it for some time. Add semiya and mix it well. Then add boiled water.
- When it cooked well and water evaporates, switch off the flame. Serve it hot.