It is one of the authentic Malabar dish which is very easy to make and require very few items. It is known to be made during Iftar parties. This is made of ripe plantain and it is very tasty and delicious.
- Ripe Plantain – 2
- Egg – 2
- Sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cashew / Raisin – few
- Peel the plantain and chop into small pieces.
- Add eggs, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl and whisk them well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry the nuts and raisins and keep aside. In the same pan add chopped plantain and saute well. Pour the egg mixture into this and add nuts and raisins evenly.
- Cook it in a low flame for 15 minutes. Remove from flame and cut into pie shaped pieces.
Note : Instead of cooking in a nonstick pan , you can bake it in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.