Nowadays the term causes lot of issues in the country, but still beef is the most preferred meat among people especially Keralites. This is a dry version which you can serve with rice, chapathi etc.
- Beef – 1 kilo
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1½ teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Water- ¼ cup
For Stir Frying
- Coconut oil – 4 tablespoon
- Ginger, chopped – 2″ piece
- Garlic, chopped – 4 cloves
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Green chilly – 4, halved
- Small onions – 10
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Combine the beef with the ingredients in the first section. Cook the beef in a pressure cooker over medium heat till cooked well.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil, mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic to the oil, saute till it turns light golden in color. Add curry leaves and green chilly, saute in the oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add small onion, a few pinches of salt and saute till onions turn golden brown in color.Add the cooked beef along with any water in it, stir fry till the water has dried off and beef turns light browned.
- Add ground pepper and more salt if needed.