This is a combination of capsicum and carrot, which looks colourful and tastes good. Vegetables will be chopped finely and then preparation will be same as that of all thorans. Capsicum usually used for side dish for chapathis, but this time it will be the side dish for rice.
- Carrot – 1
- Capsicum – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pearl onion – 2 tablespoon
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds and add urad dal.
- Saute ginger, garlic, pearl onion and green chillies. When onion turns to light brown, add turmeric powder.
- Add chopped carrot, capsicum and salt and mix well. Then add grated coconut and curry leaves.
- Cook this in an open pan as it cooks fast. Take care not to overcook.