This is an Indian vegetarian stir fry recipe with okra and onion. It is a perfect side dish for roti, chapathi etc. Generous amount of onion will be used in this recipe.
- Lady finger/okra – 250 gram
- Onion – 2, large
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder/Amchur – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil/ghee – 3 tablespoon
- Wash the okra in running water. Then wipe them with a kitchen napkin. Now chop the okras into half inch pieces. Slice the onions thinly.
- In a pan, add ghee or oil. Then add the chopped okra, saute them on a low to medium flame till they become slightly tender.
- Add the sliced onions and all the dry masala powders except garam masala powder and amchur and mix well. Add salt and mix the okra well with the onions.
- Cook on a slow flame till the bhindi has become tender and cooked. Don’t overcook as the okra will get mushy.
- Add the garam masala powder and amchur. Mix it with the okra and onions.