This is an easy breakfast recipe with leftover bread. Usually upma prepared with roasted semolina. Here we are using bread slices instead of that. Let’s see how to make easy and tasty bread upma.
- Bread – 5 slices
- Onion- 1
- Tomato – 2
- Green chili – 2 slit
- Ginger -1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee or oil – 2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut bread into small pieces or pulse it in mixer 2-3 times.
- Heat ghee and roast the bread until golden brown. Switch off and let the bread be in the heat of the pan.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add onions, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and saute until onions turn transparent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt needed and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Then add bread pieces and toss until bread is well coated with the masala. Serve hot.