Usually unniyappam pan is used for making unniyappam, here we are not using any pan and also bread is the main ingredient here instead of rice flour in the normal procedure. You can use left over bread for making this. It is very easy and tasty too.
- Coconut bits – 1tablespoon
- Black Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Bread slices – 6
- Small banana – 4
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom (crushed) – 4
- Salt – a pinch
- Mix ingredients to a medium thick batter. Consistency should be similar to that of an idli batter.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the coconut bits and add it in the batter. Saute sesame seeds in the same ghee and add it in batter. Take some water in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pan, take a deep curved spoon(like ice-cream scooper) dip it in water and take batter using this spoon and put it in hot oil. Deep fry it in oil.