This is a typical preparation of beef in the small restaurants which is very tasty and popular. Usually the combination will be Kerala parotta and beef curry. The street foods are more tastier than the usual restaurant foods. Have you noticed that? Let’s see the preparation of this curry.
- Beef – 500 gram
- Onion – 2
- Ginger,finely chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
- Water – 1 cup
- Ginger,chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic,chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Cloves -2
- Cardamom – 2
- Star anise – 1
- Whole black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Combine all the ingredients to grind in a blender. Grind it to fine powder.
- Heat oil in pan/pressure cooker. Add sliced onion, ginger, green chilies and curry leaves. Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add the ground masala and fry until oil starts to separate. Add beef pieces and mix well.
- Add water and salt to taste, cover and cook until beef is done. Uncover and cook until gravy turns thick.