This is a quick and healthy recipe for kids as well as adults. You can try this out for your lunch or dinner. It will be more easy if you are preparing it with left over rice so that you can save the time of cooking rice.
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup, thin slices
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Cilantro – 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peanuts – 1.5 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried red chili – 4
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes, drain the water and cook the rice. Once it is done, keep it in a plate and fluff the rice with a spoon.
- In a thick bottomed pan dry roast peanuts, add urad dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and red chili. Dry roast on low flame till the spices turn aromatic.
- Cool down the spices completely and coarsely powder them. keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Wen it splutters add onions and saute till they turn slightly golden brown.
- Add capsicum slices and then turmeric, garam masala, prepared masala powder and salt. Saute till the spice powder turn aromatic.
- Add cooked basmati rice, mix gently without breaking rice. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes . Add chopped cilantro and serve with yogurt or raita.