You might have tasted different veg/non-veg cutlets. This is a cutlet with only mushrooms. It is very tasty snack and everyone will like it. Some mushroom side dishes I have already shared, so I wanted to try something else this time. Finally it turned out to be a cutlet.
- Mushroom – 250 gram
- Onion – 1 , finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, crushed
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, crushed
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig, chopped
- Potato – 1 medium, boiled, peeled and mashed
- Egg – 1
- Bring to boil water in a cooking vessel and add mushrooms . Cook it covered for 2 minutes. Switch off flame and drain the mushrooms. Pat dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Finely chop the mushrooms using a knife or put in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry it. Add crushed ginger, garlic, green chilies and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute till the water evaporates. Add chilly powder, garam masala , salt, curry leaves and fry till it is well sauted. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Add the mashed potato with the mushroom mix and combine it well using your hands. Make small balls with it , keep it in your palm , and give a gentle press to shape it into a thick circle.
- Dip it in beaten egg(or cornflour + water mix), roll it in bread crumbs and deep fry in medium flame till it is golden.