There are different chicken curry recipes in this blog itself. If you want to have different taste, you have to try out variety of recipes. This curry is very tasty because of the roasted ground coconut gravy, so need more patience for the preparation. You can serve this with breakfast items as well as rice, pulao.
- Chicken – 500 gram
- Onion – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 teaspoon
- Tomato – 1
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Coconut grated – ½ cup
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Whole pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Small onion – 4
- Heat oil in a pan and add all ingredients to roast. Fry till the coconut turns golden brown. Remove from fire and let it cool. Grind it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add curry leaves and sliced onions. Saute the onion till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste. and saute for 2 minutes. Add sliced tomato and cook till it turns soft.Add chili, coriander, turmeric powder and mix.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well. Add 1.5 cups of water and cook with the pan covered till chicken is cooked.
- Add little water to the ground masala and make it to a paste. Add it to the cooked chicken and cook on low flame for 10 minutes. Remove from fire. Drizzle few drops of oil on the top and keep the pan closed for some time.