This is a South Indian snack prepared with dosa batter. You can make use of the left over batter for this. It is also known as paniyaram. An easy and simple deep fried snack which can serve with evening tea.
- Dosa Batter – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1/2, finely chopped
- Green chili – 1, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig, finely chopped
- Combine all the above ingredients with salt. Mix well and leave aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Once the oil gets hot, reduce flame to medium. Take a small portion of the batter, shape it into a rough ball and drop it gently in the hot oil.
- Fry in batches until the punugulu is golden and crispy. Remove the excess oil.