This is a vegetarian side dish used to have with roti and chapathi. It is very popular in North India. As the name specifies, the main ingredients are potato and green peas. Here I have used the fresh green peas. If you are using frozen peas, you don’t have to cook it in the cooker.
- Potato – 2, cube size
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- In a small pressure cooker, add oil and splutter cumin seeds in medium heat. Add onion and fry till transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped potatoes and green peas and little salt. Mix well and cook covered in low flame for 2- 3 minutes. Puree the tomatoes in a blender.
- Stir the potatoes and peas in between to avoid getting it burnt. Add the tomato puree and all the dry powders.Cover and cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- Add one cup of water and mix well. Add required salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Once done, you can adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding more water or milk and just give one boil. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.