This is a different preparation of bhindi or okra. This goes well with roti, chapathi and all. Actually here we are making a masala and coated in the chopped okra and stir fry it later. Let us see how to make the masala for this.
- Bhindi/Ladies’ finger – 250 gram, thinly sliced
- Ginger – 1 tablespoon, thinly sliced
- Onion – 1
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt- 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix all the spice powders with yogurt. Mix sliced okra with this mixture and keep it aside for sometime.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry curry leaves, ginger for a minute and remove from heat. Fry sliced onion for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the okra mixture and fry well in medium heat. Finally add the fried onion, curry leaves and ginger. Mix well and serve hot.