I have shared many theeyal recipes here, this is a theeyal with a different fruit. ie, breadfruit. It has lot of health benefits like high in antioxidants, rich in amino acids, it boosts our immune system. It is known as a heart healthy food.
- Breadfruit – 1 cup
- shallots – 5
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – as needed
- Tamarind- gooseberry sized
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 4
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Garlic – 2
- Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Skin, wash the breadfruit. Remove the core and cut it into cubes, wash and set aside.
- Dry roast coconut with shallots, garlic and red chilies till golden brown. Add red chili powder and coriander powder and stir for 2 more minutes at low flame. Cool it and grind to a fine paste without adding water.Keep aside.
- Add shallots, green chilies, turmeric powder,curry leaves, water and salt to breadfruit chunks, cook well.
- Add ground coconut paste and tamarind extract. Boil well till the gravy slightly thickens.
- Season with mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chilies and shallots.