A tea time snack with bread slices. This pakora can be made plain as well as stuffed. sometimes mashed potatoes will be added as stuffing. Here I haven’t added any stuffing. So you can say this as an easy yet tasty pakoras.
- Bread slices – 4
- Besan/ gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Baking soda- 2 pinches
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl, mix gram flour, rice flour, baking soda, asafoetida, red chili, turmeric and salt with water to make a thick batter.
- Cut off the edges of the bread and cut them diagonally to make triangles.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip each piece of bread in the batter and fry in hot oil. Cook both sides over medium flame.
- Fry both sides until golden in colour and drain in paper towel. Serve with ketchup.