Even though I have named it as stuffed banana, we will use only ripe plantain for this snack. It is very tasty and filling tea time snack from Kerala. The stuffing will contain coconut, nuts, raisins etc. This is a popular iftar dish also.
- Ripe Plantain – 3
- Grated coconut – 3 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- All purpose flour – 2 tablespoon
- Raisins/Cashew – a few
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated coconut, saute for few minutes in a medium flame. Add sugar in to it,saute well. Then fry broken cashews and raisins in it.Add cardamom powder. Mix well and switch off the stove.
- In a bowl add flour, salt and water.mix well and make a thick batter and keep aside.
- Peel banana and make a shallow slit lengthwise, from one end to another,depth should be made until center.
- Fill coconut filling in to the slit, push the stuff inside the banana as much as you can and cover the slit with batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and place the banana with slit should be down.after few minutes turn all sides and fry till banana becomes golden color.