Any dish with beef will be irresistible for non-veg lovers, especially for Keralites. There is a special combination of beef and pazham pori in some restaurants even though I didn’t try it yet. This fry you can serve with rice, parotta or chapathi. Since it is a dry dish you can consider it as a snack instead of side dish.
- Beef – 500 gram
- Onion – 1 big, sliced finely
- Small onion – ½ cup, sliced
- Chili powder – ½ tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger & garlic – ½ – 1 tablespoon, crushed
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
- fennel – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 4
- Star anise – 2
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Powder fennel, cinnamon, cloves and star anise and keep aside.
- Combine the powdered spices, ginger garlic, small onion, chilli, coriander and turmeric powder, vinegar, salt, curry leaves & beef. Make sure that beef is marinated well with the spices.
- Pressure cook the marinated beef till it is done. If you want you can add 2-3 tablespoon of water. If there is any water left, after pressure cooking, cook till the water is dried.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the cooked beef & curry leaves. If you want you can sprinkle garam masala at this stage. Mix well. Stir over a low flame, till it is roasted well.