This is a Malabar special dessert made of ripe plantain. This is an item especially served during iftar time. It is a popular and tasty snack item from Kerala. Let us see the preparation of this.
- Plantain – 2
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – few
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 tablespoon
- Steam the plantain, peel it and mash the ripe plantain well.
- Heat a pan and add sugar. Add some water just to soak it . Stir well and it well turn to syrupy.
- Add coconut, raisin and cardamom powder and mix it well. Remove it from fire.
- Take a small ball amount from mashed banana and spread it in palm. Apply some ghee in hands, so it wont stick.
- Take coconut mixture and place it in flattened banana. Wrap it to give a spindle shape.
- Heat oil and fry the piece till golden brown.