If it is vegetarian or non vegetarian, cutlet is a tasty snack with the evening tea or any time. If you are doing the entire process in the same day itself, we can’t say it as a simple and easy snack. These cutlets are made with beef. You can boil the potatoes and cook the meat and mix with all other ingredients. You can store this mix in refrigerator and the next day you can make the cutlets.
- Beef – 500 gram
- Onion – 1, big
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Green Chilly – 3
- Potato – 1, big
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Egg – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Bread crumbs – As required.
- Salt – to taste
- Pressure cook the cleaned beef with salt. Once it is cooled, mince the beef using a chopper or in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped onion until it becomes translucent, then add chopped ginger, green chilies and curry leaves.
- Add garam masala, salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds. Add minced beef and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled, mashed potato and stir well. Take off the pan from the fire and allow the mixture to cool.
- Knead the mixture softly and make balls and roll it in a required shape and dip it in beaten egg white and roll it in bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry it in oil till it gets brown in color (both sides). Serve hot with ketchup or salad.