This is a simple preparation of kidney beans or rajma. Rajma Chawal is a very popular meals in North India. Rajma should be cooked properly when you are preparing any dish with that. This curry you can be served with steamed rice or chapathis.
- Rajma / Red kidney beans – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Amchur powder(Dried Mango powder) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1/4″ piece
- Cloves – 2
- Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
- Soak rajma in water for 6 hours. Drain and discard the water. Pressure cook with enough water and salt.Puree the tomatoes without adding water.
Heat a pan with oil, add cumin seeds,cinnamon,cloves and green chili. When it splutters add ginger saute for a second then add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add tomato puree along with the spice powders and required salt.Let it boil till raw smell leaves.It will start thickening after few minutes, simmer and cook.
- Add rajma along with cooked water and cook on medium flame for some time.Give a quick stir then garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.