Gobi Manchurian is an Indo Chinese fusion dish made from cauliflower florets which is called gobi. You can try this as a side dish or starter.This is dry version, if you want you can make it as gravy type.This can be served with rice and roti varieties.
- Cauliflower – 1/2 of a medium one
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Corn flour – 2 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chili – 2
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Spring onion
- Clean and cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. Put the cauliflower florets into boiled water and let it stand for a couple of minutes, drain and pat dry the florets.
- Combine all purpose flower,corn flour, chili powder,and salt and make a batter by adding a little water.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry it, till it turns golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and add diced onions, thinly sliced ginger and garlic.Toss it for a minute and add green chilies, capsicum and spring onion. Saute for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and salt.Mix 1 tsp cornflour with 1/4 cup of water and add to this.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets and combine it well. Simmer for a couple of minutes and switch off. Garnish with spring onions.