Pachadi is yogurt based dish usually served in Kerala sadya. Depending on the vegetable/fruit used, the pachadi differs its name and taste. Here I have used beetroot, so it is called beetroot pachadi. It is very simple to prepare and you can serve it as a side dish.
- Beetroot – 2
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Grate beetroot and keep it aside. Cook grated beetroot with salt,water and turmeric powder till soft.
- Grind coconut, green chili, ginger, cumin seeds and mustard seeds to a smooth paste.
Add the ground paste and cook for few more minutes till the raw taste of the coconut goes. Switch off and allow it to cool.
- Add whisked curd. Add salt if required and mix well.
Heat a tsp of coconut oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add dry red chilies, curry leaves and pour it over the curry.