Sounds funny? how to make thoran with pappadam!! It is a very simple and tasty side dish for rice you can make. It is a Kerala Recipe and the one used here is the Kerala papad.
- Papad – 10
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Dry red chily – 2
- Small onion – 4
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves
- Pound the grated coconut with the green chilies, curry leaves and small onions in a mixer bowl.
- Fry the papad lightly and then crush them with hands.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds and then sauté the dry red chilies, chopped small onions and curry leaves.
- Add the coconut mixture and then crushed papad, mix well. Lower the flame and cook for 5 minutes more.