This is a Kerala style of fish preparation with coconut. You can have this as a side dish for rice. Usually small kind of fish are used for this like Anchovy/Nathel/small Sardines. For sour taste either you can use gambooge or mango. You can prepare this very easily.
- Anchovy fish – 250 gram
- Raw mango – 1
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Curry Leaf – 1 sprig
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Shallots – 1/2 cup
- Green chilies – 3
- Ginger – 1″ piece (cut into juliennes)
- In a clay pot add all ingredients of peera masala and knead well with your hand for a minute. Give it a good crush, so that the juices intermingle.
- Add the chopped mango pieces, fish pieces and about 1/4 cup water to cook.
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add curry leaves and the coconut oil and cook for 10 minutes more on low heat until the fish is cooked and the water evaporates.